Easy to make, healthy & filling and best of all, it takes almost no time at all to prepare!
* 1,5 - 2 litres of water
* 2 large broccoli flower heads
* 2 carrots
* 2 parsley roots
* 1 small celery root
* a handful of rinsed green lentils
* garlic (the amount depending on your preference)
* half a red pepper
* half a yellow pepper
* nutmeg (I used a lot!)
* roasted sunflower seeds
* ripe chopped avocado
* grated cheese
* freshly ground pepper
* fresh parsley
homemade croutons and greek yoghurt
Wash all the vegetables well. Put in a large pot.
Pour the boiling water in, add the spices and cook for about 30 minutes.
Garnish with grated cheese, sunflower seeds, avocado, fresh parsley and ground pepper.
It's really a no muss, no fuss dish :-)
A very easy to make dessert.
One that you can keep in your freezer ready to bake when unexpected guests come to visit or when you crave a special treat ;-)
- 200 g unsalted butter
- 200 g dark chocolate (70% cacao)
- 100 - 150 g sugar (brown or dark Muscovado)
- 4 eggs
- 4 sp flour
1. Melt the chocolate and butter in a bowl over a hot steam bath. Set aside to cool.
2. Beat the eggs with sugar.
3. Add the eggs to the chocolaty mixture - make sure it isn't too warm - you don't want to make scrambled eggs!
4. Stir in the flour.
5. Butter up 6 ramekins and fill with the mixture.
6. Cover with aluminum foil and freeze for 2 hours.
7. Bake in an 180 C oven for approximately 20 minutes.
* As ovens vary you may want to adjust the time of baking - you want to make sure that the inside stays gooey and the cakes are oozing with warm chocolaty filling as you dig in with your spoon :-)
8. Serve warm. Add your favourite toppings and eat up:-)
This is a very rich dessert cake and it goes best with ice cream - my favourite combination is coffee flavoured ice cream plus a topping of warmed up raspberries or fresh strawberries - no sugar added.